New Jersey Chapter of the Alliance of Hazardous Materials Professionals Presents:
Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management Course
|Compliance Standards & Current Workplace Practices
Day 1: Friday, March 1, 2019 | 8:00am-4:30pmChemical & Physical Characteristics, Biological Effects & Toxicology
Day 2: Friday, March 8, 2019 | 8:00am-4:30pm
Statutory and Regulatory Framework
Day 3: Friday, March 15, 2019 | 8:00am-4:30pm
Risk Assessment, Sampling & Analysis, Geology/Hydrology and Remediation
Day 4: Friday, March 22, 2019 | 8:00am-4:30pm*A special discount is available to those registering for all 4 days of the program*
Examination: A Separate Application & Fee is Required for the CHMM Exam. Please contact the Institute of Hazardous Materials Management at www.ihmm.org for more information
The Essentials of Hazardous Materials Management (EHMM) course was created for the specific educational needs of environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) professionals. The course helps those new to the profession quickly build a solid foundation for their career in EHS&S while serving more seasoned professionals as a comprehensive refresher course that can also bring them up to speed on new areas that may have been added to their job responsibilities. The EHMM course is also a great tool to prepare for the Certified Hazardous Materials Manager® (CHMM®) designation examination.
You can register for individual days or for the complete 4 day program. It is strongly recommended (but not required) that you complete the full four-day program. Not only will you receive the CEC credit for the complete training, but you will also gain a full and complete understanding of the essential of hazardous materials management. Furthermore, each course day is designed to build on the knowledge gained in previous class sessions, helping you maximize the opportunity to learn all aspects and or updates in EHS&S .
- The statutory and regulatory framework of environmental and hazardous materials management.
- Compliance standards and state-of-the-art work practices on: Hazardous waste treatment, storage, and disposal, Hazardous materials storage, Radioactive material, Workplace safety, Packaging, Spills, Cleanup, Hazards assessment and communication
- Basic and applied hazardous materials management principles, controls, and concepts
- Science and technology of hazardous materials management
- Chemical and physical characteristics
- Sampling and analysis
- Biological effects of hazardous materials
- Identification and management of hazardous materials
- Impact on and protection of human health and the environment
- Releases of hazardous materials to land, air, water, and groundwater
- Environmental restoration following contamination with hazardous materials
- Compliance with laws (environmental regulation for specific purposes)
- Multimedia application of environmental management that are central features of hazardous materials management topics covered in the certification examination
The Course will be presented by a team of instructors from the AHMP-NJ chapter with expertise in the subject matter and in teaching the topics: Team members include:
Joseph D. Angelone, CHMM, Northeast Independent Project Manager
Jennifer L. Chen, CHMM, Siemen’s Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc.
Scott Dunsmore, CET, Lion Technology
Joseph M. Galley, CHMM, LSRP, GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
Paul Hausman, MSPH, CHMM, Verizon Communications
Ben Sallemi, PhD., GZA GeoEnvironmental, Inc.
A special discount is available to those registering for all 4 days of the program. Included in your registration fee(s) are continental breakfast, buffet lunch, course materials, CEC certificates and free parking.
Optional Text Book:
The 3RD EDITION OF THE HAZARDOUS MATERIALS MANAGEMENT DESK REFERENCE Hardcover Book or E-Book is available to registrants of the complete program at a discounted rate of $150.00. A savings of $125.00 off of the standard price. (You may purchase this book on your own or through CPES office with your registration.)