UPCOMING COURSES AND CONFERENCESClick here for all upcoming courses.
Emerging Contaminants: Trends in Science, Regulations and Business Implications, Presented by The College of Science and Mathematics at Montclair State University
Trends in Science, Regulations and Business Implications
Location: Bordentown, NJ
Presented by Montclair State University, College of Science and Mathematics (CSAM), this one-day program will provide a comprehensive look at the latest developments regarding Emerging Contaminants. The program will also focus on these latest regulatory developments in New Jersey, Pennsylvania and at the federal level. Recent actions on both a state federal level are prompting data collection ahead of the development of necessary standards and regulations. What does this mean for remediating parties, water purveyors, business owners and what is the impact on environmental due diligence? Attend this program to keep abreast of the latest developments in both the science and regulations.
Mr. Nicholas De Rose, P.G., L.S.R.P., Langan Engineering and Environmental Services
This program is provided in collaboration with Continuing Professional Education Services, LLC. (CPES)
Continuing Education Credits:
NJ Professional Engineers – 6.5 CPCs
NJ LSRP – 6.5 Regulatory CECs (NJ SRPLB Course# 2014-029)
NJ Continuing Legal Education- 7.8 CLEs
ATTENTION HEALTH OFFICERS AND REGISTERED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS: Participants who complete this education program will be awarded 6.5 NJ Public Health Continuing Education Contact Hours
Regulatory Training in Underground Storage Tanks: NJDEP Approved Training
Montclair State University Presents
Regulatory Training in Underground Storage Tanks:
NJDEP Approved Training
If you are becoming UST certified for the first time or if your certification is in need of renewal, this class is for you! Stay current with New Jersey’s UST regulatory requirements and help your company and clients avoid costly penalties and fines.
The New Jersey Underground Storage Tank (UST) regulations (NJAC 7:14B Subchapter 13 & 16) require that all personnel who install, close, test, and design corrosion protection systems for regulated USTs be certified as well as those subsurface evaluators (SSE) who perform services on unregulated USTs (UHOT). All owners/operators of regulated USTs who are persons responsible for remediation must retain the services of a Licensed Site Remediation Professional (LSRP) as of May 7, 2012.
The NJDEP requires professionals who work on USTs to be trained, certified/recertified every three (3) years. This NJDEP approved course fulfills the NJDEP course requirement for regulatory training and must be taken within one year prior to renewal. Professional engineers and plumbing contractors, exempt from the certification examination, must attend the course within one year of certification.
Who Should Attend:
Individuals that need a working knowledge of the rules and regulations governing USTs, this includes tank owners and operators, UST/UHOT certified individuals, Licensed Site Remediation Professionals (LSRPs), consultants, engineers, contractors, health officers, geologists, soil scientists and attorneys.
- Philip Brilliant, CHMM, LSRP; Brilliant Environmental Services, LLC
- Michael Cowan, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Invited
- Chris Dwyer, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Invited
- Jessica Gellatly, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Invited
- Kevin Marlowe, NJ Department of Environmental Protection (NJDEP) Invited
- David Puchalski, PE, LSRP; NewFields
- Andrew Robins, Esq; Sills, Cummis & Gross, PC
Continental breakfast, buffet lunch, course materials, continuing education certificate & free parking.
Continuing Education Credits:
- NJ Continuing Legal Education: 7.8 CLEs
- NJ LSRP CEC’s: 6.5 Regulatory CECs (NJ SRPLB Course# 2014-054)
- NJ Professional Engineers: 6.5 Continuing Professional Competency Credits
- This course is eligible toward PDHs for Pennsylvania Professional Geologists
- NJ Licensed Water/Wastewater Operators: Eligible for 6 TCHs
- ATTENTION HEALTH OFFICERS AND REGISTERED ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SPECIALISTS: Pending